Commonwealth Higher Education Consortium for Youth Work Virtual World Café (2nd Youth Work Café)
Wednesday 24 November 2021, 1.00 pm – 3.30 pm GMT
You are invited to join the Commonwealth Secretariat, the Professional Association of Lecturers in Youth and Community Work (PALYCW), and the Namibian College of Open Learning (NAMCOL) for an exciting and interactive Youth Work Café.
We will discuss Hope, Critical Pedagogies and the Continuing Relevance of Paulo Freire, in the year that marks the 100th anniversary of his birth.
Participants will have an opportunity to:
• Reflect and engage in dialogue on hope, critical pedagogies and the relevance of Paulo Freire to teaching and practicing youth work;
• Exchange ideas with key speakers from across the world including Latin America;
• Share and reflect on the experiences and challenges of implementing and evolving the ideas behind critical pedagogies;
• Learn from each other about creative responses and innovations in the teaching and practice of youth work;
• Explore ways of thinking critically and reflectively about youth work; and
• Forge connections, extend networks, share resources, and establish effective collaborations.
To join our café, register at https://zoom.us/…/tJElcOupqzosGNIYH3H11RJtMnqpLlz86zrk
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.