Date: April 28- May 02, 2016
April 28-30, 2016: International Summit at Dhaka, Bangladesh
Venue: Daffodil International University (DIU) Campus, Ashulia
May 01-02, 2016: Post-summit activities in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Education for multicultural world: Challenges and Opportunities
Organizer of the Summit:
Asian Network of Youth Volunteers (ANYV)
Malaysian Youth Council
Wisma MBM, No.1, Jalan Tasik Permaisuri 2, 56000
Bandar Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Unite Youth for Change
Head office: Balaju, Kathmandu, Nepal
Online Media Partner
Who can participate:
This conference is open to:
- Any Academia, researchers, students
- All youth leaders, any volunteer and social activist from any country
- Any of GO, NGOs and NPOs representative(s)
- Representative of Youth organization, club, society, foundation and association
- International, national or state youth councils
- Relevant government agencies, ministries, development organizations
Background and Rationale:
Asia and the Pacific have already taken considerable strides towards achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), particularly in reducing levels of poverty. However, the region is still lagging on some important targets, particularly those related to health. Maintaining a good balance between economic, social and environmental sustainability is also a challenge for Asia and Asia-Pacific countries. Looking beyond aggregate results, significant disparities surface both across countries and within them in terms of achievement against the Goals. East Asia has fared much better than South Asia. The region’s 13 least developed countries (LDCs) have had slow progress against several of the SDGs. Even in middle income countries, progress has been uneven. There are equally wide disparities within countries attributing to various factors, including marginalization and discrimination on the basis of gender, class, ethnicity and location. The link between human rights and development has been recognized to set a minimum standard of development which all countries must meet by 2015. The terminal year of SDGs is fast approaching and the challenge is setting a new benchmark for a rights-based post 2015 development agenda. The educators and youth come together and start thinking around the new rights-based standards beyond 2015.
At the end of the I-YES, the participants must have organized themselves and shared their personal plans in championing the attainment of SDGs and the aspirations of secularism through volunteerism and affirmative action using the lens of Transformative Education;
During the I-YES summit, the participants must have –
- artistically presented their common understanding on the role of the youth in building a culture of volunteerism as well as the link between peace, human rights, secularism and sustainable development;
- established their networks and functional partnerships between youth and various institutions (government and non-government organizations, business, media, academe);
- taken an oath of commitment to attain the ANYV Youth Vision Statement as well as their Youth Declaration;
- enjoyed learning from the practices and voices from the ground through activities such as academic contest and cultural solidarity exchanges;
CALL FOR PAPERS
Youth leaders, academicians and researchers are invited to join the 2nd International Youth and Educators Summit on Transformative Education (I-YES) spearheaded by Asian Network of Youth Volunteers (ANYV). It will be filled with informative presentations, the latest in research, exciting displays at the IYES Marketplace and Expo and lots of networking opportunities for members and guests to reconnect with educators, researchers, youth leaders and industry colleagues. Potential articles will be published in a special issue from the journals listed below:
Last date of submission: April 10, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: April 10, 2016
Last date of sending camera ready paper: April 15, 2016
- All entries/applications for the I-YES are required to be submitted electronically using this link http://yes.anyv.org/paper-submission/. A paper may only be submitted once, with no retractions or modifications once submitted. Once submitted, the order and names of authors listed on the original submission may not be altered including indication of the lead author’s name.The details author guidelines can be found here: http://yes.anyv.org/authors-guideline/
Topics for paper submission:
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Any research or study or findings which is reaching to the end-users
- Arts, Science, Engineering, and Technology related to social and human development
- Transformative Education: Delivery, Directions & Development
- Model United Nations and its Impact to Youth Development
- Reflections of a Youth Leaders towards National and International Development
- Climate Change: What the Youth Can do?
- Heroes for the Mother Earth: Best Practices for Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Development Goals of United Nation
- Networking and Linkages for Sustainable Development
- Community-Based Projects as a Tool of Empowerment in SDG Achievement
- Sustainable Development
The I-YES will be composed of several types of contributions:
• Full Papers (for academicians) – these mainly include accomplished research results with a maximum of 8 pages.
• Short Papers (for academics and youth leaders) – These include fresh concepts, preliminary research results but may also contain work-in progress reports. These have 4 pages at maximum.
• Reflection Papers (for academics, youth leaders, media practitioners and Government, NGO, International Organization heads)– These might include review of recent research literature pertaining to a particular problem or approach, indicate what the findings suggest, and/or provide a suggestion – with rationale and justification – for a different approach or perspective on that problem. Reflection papers might also analyze best practices in youth led projects for MDGs and human rights with specific focus on Transformative Education. These should have two pages at maximum.
The Secretariat will correspond with the Lead (primary) author only. Co-presenters should not contact the I-YES paper review committee. It is the primary author’s responsibility to notify all co-presenters regarding the status of the proposal as well as to notify the I-YES of any change in the Lead Author’s contact information. The secretariat will use the contact information provided on the original submission and it is the Lead Author’s responsibility to notify the I-YES of any change in contact information. All presenters are required to register for the full conference registration. All travel and additional expenses, including the conference registration fee, are the responsibility of the presenter(s).
Paper Review Process
Submissions are judged on their overall quality (design of the study, development of the concept, etc.), their significance and contribution to the discipline, and their interest to the conference delegates. All submitted manuscripts must be original (i.e. not been published elsewhere), follow academic writing, structure and methodology. Papers judged to have outstanding merit by the Conference Paper Review Committees will receive a Best Paper designation in the conference program and will be recognized at a general session for all attendees
- Presented article will be published in ; 1. American Journal of Agricultural Science, Engineering and Technology, 2. International Journal of Management, IT and Engineering (IF 5.299), 3. International Journal of Marketing and Technology, (IF 5.292), 4. International Journal of Physical and Social Science (IF 4.966), 5. International Journal of Research in Social Sciences (IF 5.560), 6. International Journal of Engineering, Scientific Research (IF 2.87), 7. International Journal of Research and Development in Technology (IF 2.87).
- Scholarship opportunity for International Participants
- All participants will be automatically registered as a member of ANYV
- Can avail tour to the longest beach in the world, Cox’s Bazaar
- Provide different awards on conference and post-conference activities
In this regard, we are cordially inviting you or your organizationto deliver your speech in this event. You can also present your scientific paper which will publish in American Journals. For inquiries, please contact at +880179787854, +639178271880. We can also be reached at www.yes.anyv.org or e-mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your support and participation as we once again look forward to the collective success of this event.
For Register Clik This Link